By Gordon Graham, Senior Collaboration Manager, ERIS
The Energy Revolution Integration Service (ERIS) is developing a Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) toolkit for Local Authorities. The toolkit is planned for ‘early release’ in March 2021. The toolkit aims to provide local authorities with practical help and advice, as well as a set of useful tools to help scope, set up and implement SLES innovations to drive the Green Recovery.
The following list provides an indication of the local authority activities currently being considered with respect to user requirements and the tools to support them:
- Building the initial business case;
- Addressing the need for funding and investment;
- Developing the roadmap and timelines;
- Horizon scanning to provide insight into relevant aspects of the landscape;
- Enabling efficient and effective procurement;
- Identifying and committing resources and supply chain;
- Identifying data requirements;
- Identifying and engaging with stakeholders.
23rd October at 10am - focussed on Local Authorities, LEPs, Hubs etc and their needs for funding and investment tools.
29th October at 2pm - focussed on Tool Providers for Local Authorities.