By Gordon Graham, Senior Collaboration Manager, ERIS
The Energy Revolution Integration Service (ERIS) is developing a Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) toolkit for Local Authorities. The toolkit is planned for ‘early release’ in March 2021. The toolkit aims to provide local authorities with practical help and advice, as well as a set of useful tools to help scope, set up and implement SLES innovations to drive the Green Recovery.
The following list provides an indication of the local authority activities currently being considered with respect to user requirements and the tools to support them:
- Building the initial business case;
- Addressing the need for funding and investment;
- Developing the roadmap and timelines;
- Horizon scanning to provide insight into relevant aspects of the landscape;
- Enabling efficient and effective procurement;
- Identifying and committing resources and supply chain;
- Identifying data requirements;
- Identifying and engaging with stakeholders.
The ERIS team are running as set of workshops over the coming months to develop the toolkit with input from Local Authorities and tool providers. You can sign up to attend by following the links.